After the Introduction of AWS in previous article we will move forward and have a look at the AWS Amazon web services Platform Concepts and components. The AWS platform is made-up various layer components, while below discussion we will consequently cover the topic. In this article you will go through high level of overview that requires getting understanding of the concepts and components of AWS. First of all have look below figure, most of us probably recognize. Furthermore delay let’s start exploration.
AWS Global Infrastructure.
- 13 Regions each consist of multiple availability zones.
- Regions are geographical location.
- 35 Availability zones.
- Availability zone is separate Data centers, Each region contain two or more availability zones.
- 52 Edge locations.
- AWS cloud Front is the CDN (Content Delivery Network).
- Route 53
- Route 53 is the domain name services.
- Direct Connect
- Direct connect allows to dedicated connectivity between on premise to AWS virtual private cloud vai MPLS.
- VPC (Virtual Private Cloud)
- VPC is the virtual data center in the AWS cloud. All resources like EC2, ELB, etc.
- EC2 (Elastic cloud compute)
- Virtual instances in AWS cloud like windows instance , Linux instance etc.
- It allows adding EC2 instances to handle load.
- ELB (Elastic Load Balancer)
- It allows to load balance to web service or application service.
- It is VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) platform.
- S3 (Simple storage service)
- File based storage or object based storage.
- Archiving services which allows storing old data. It will take time to access.
- EBS (Elastic Block Storage).
- Its block level storage, allows different file system like windows partition, Linux partition.
- Storage Gateway.
- It allows connecting on-primes allocation to cloud based storage.
- It allows large amount of data in/out of the cloud using portable device.
- RDS (Relational Database Services).
- It consists of five databases, Microsoft SQL, Oracle, Postgresql, MySQL and Amazon Aurora.
- NoSQL Databases.
- Elastic Cache.
- It’s allow to in-memory caching.
- It’s data warehousing solution for data analyzing for Existing Business Intelligence tool.
- It’s allow to real time processing streaming data
- EMR (Elastic Map Reduce).
- It’s a web service for process vast amount of data.
- SQS (Simple Queue Services).
- Massaging queuing service.
- SWF (Simple Work Flow).
- It helps to developer to run background jobs.
- SNS (Simple Notification Services).
- It’s push notification service for any mobile devices.
- SES (Simple Email Services).
- It’s outbound email sending service.
- Elastic Transcoder.
- It’s a media transcoding service.
- Cloud Search.
- It’s allows to manage custom search solution.
Deployment and Management.
- Application management services, it allows to deploy and operate application.
- IAM (Identity Access Management).
- It allows control to AWS services and resources.
- It’s monitoring service to monitor resources and applications.
- Elastic Beanstalk.
- It allows to developing web application and services.
- Its logging and auditing service.
- Data Pipline.
- It allows to move data to different AWS compute and storage services.
- Cloud Formation.
- It allows to provisioning and updating AWS resource.
I’ m Abdul Rahman Amoodi, by Profession Network and Security Administrator by passion author and founder of Blogsol.org.